- Wooden wicks: Trim down or pinch off the charred portion, usually to about 1/8"
- Fiber wicks: Trim to 1/4" and if it "mushrooms", trim or pinch that part off before lighting again.
- These steps increase the candle life and keep it burning safely.
Candle Care & Safety
- Read the label on the bottom of the candle and follow instructions (which could supercede these). Do that first, don't light it and then turn it over. You know better.
- Trim your wicks. Your candle will burn better and longer.
- In general, burn more than one hour per burn, but not longer than three or four hours, depending on size (larger = longer burn period).
- Burn at least 3' away from flammable objects and always on a heat-proof surface.
- Don't burn overnight or sleep with a lit candle.
- Keep away from children and pets (cue cat racing down hall with flaming tail).
- We source the best Fragrance Oils, many of which use natural ingredients along with some synthetics.
- Some of our Fragrance Oils do incorporate Essential Oils, but EO is not the primary ingredient, links below as to why.
Why'd we stop using soy?
- One major supplier of soy wax was actually named The Worst Company in the World due to deforestation and human rights abuses taking place in their supply chain. This was the same company who manufactures the soy wax I’d grown accustomed to using, but upon learning this, it was time to change.
- The change we made was to an entirely different kind of wax from renewable resources: luxurious coco-apricot creme. It's an eco-friendly, smooth blend of coconut wax and apricot wax.
- In most cases, we ship Priority Mail, which includes tracking and insurance.
- Orders will go out in 1 week or less from order date (unless it's a subscription).
- We ship to the US only at this time, due to customs, COVID, and other international issues.